ICANN staff has produced a briefing note on the New Delhi meeting of 10-15 February 2008. This meeting was ICANN’s 31st meeting and was hosted by ICANN and the Indian Government and officially opened by Shri Jainder Singh, Secretary, Department of Information Technology, the Government of India.
The briefing note summarizes key developments at the New Delhi meeting and outlines next steps and sources of further information for each. The topics included are:
- New generic Top Level Domains (gTDs)
- Internationalized Domain Names
- GNSO Improvements
- Domain Tasting
- Accountability and Transparency
- The Joint Project Agreement (JPA) with the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- Operations and Budget Planning
- Registrar Failure Workshop
- Translation Program
The briefing note is an informal summary. The authoritative records of official meetings will be available in their minutes.
Further information about the meeting, including presentations and transcripts is available at http://delhi.icann.org/ .
Information about the next meeting which will be from 22-27 June 2008 in Paris, France will be on the ICANN website soon at http://www.icann.org/meetings/.