The latest Verisign Domain Name Industry Brief is out. Here are key stats and numbers from the same:
- The first quarter of 2012 closed with a base of more than 233 million domain name registrations across all Top-Level Domains
- This is an increase of 7.5 million domains, or 3.3 percent, over the fourth quarter of 2011
- Overall, registrations have grown by 23 million, a 11% increase since the first quarter of 2011
- The ccTLD pool too has grown by 4.8% and stands at 94.9 million domain names
- This is a 16.2% increase year over year in the ccTLD base
- The order of the top TLDs in terms of zone size did not change when compared to the last quarter. The order remains as: .com, .de, .net, .uk, .org, .info, .tk, .nl, .ru and .eu.
Growth in Total Domain Name Registrations
You can view the entire Verisign Report here.