“Hey, how was the weekend?” – It was fun!
“How was your vacation?” – Oh, it was so much fun, I can’t even begin to describe!
Apparently, the standard answer to every second light-hearted question these days is “fun”. Owing to the universal relatability of this emotion, we are featuring .FUN. as our TLD in focus for this Tuesday.
A little history on .FUN
.FUN made its entry into the General Availability phase in April 2017. Radix, one of the most popular new gTLD registries in the industry, rightfully manages registrations for .FUN domains.
The .FUN namespace is more like a playground for sharing things that get us excited and cheerful – individuals and businesses alike. It is meant for those who create fun content as well as those who love consuming fun content. With a fairly targeted audience yet a largely versatile appeal, .FUN has an audience that surpasses the barriers of profession, unlike other TLDs.
Who is .FUN meant for?
- Aspiring comedians and established social media influencers from the field of comedy
- Bloggers/Content creators who primarily talk about gaming, humour, movie reviews, music, etc.
- Individuals who wish to share memes, jokes, non-serious personality quizzes, GIFs, (and even babies-with-puppies videos), etc. on a website to entertain a larger audience
- Bloggers who specialize in publishing lifestyle-related listicles to educate their audiences about travel, food/eateries, shopping, books, etc.
- Brands and personalities from the showbiz industry who wish to forge personal connections with their audiences
- Organizations wanting to share their fun side – team culture, organizational events, team-building activities, etc.
- Tourism agencies who wish to share their fun travel stories
- Entertainment-centric facilities such as kids’ gaming zones, amusement parks, and clubs, adventure parks, etc.
Why should you sell .FUN?
.FUN has a laundry list of fun uses. From individuals to public facilities, from startups to corporate organizations, .FUN is truly a versatile new gTLD with a terrific mass appeal. This 3-character TLD is not only on point and easy to remember, but it also rolls off our tongues almost every 5 minutes. With that kind of relatability, why shouldn’t you sell this TLD, should be the question. Precisely, .FUN is capable of bringing forth the fun aspect of all things serious and effortlessly adds a lot of character to something as technical as a URL.
We hope you have enjoyed reading about the significance and the many uses of .FUN, and moreover, we hope that you will start offering this easy-going TLD which holds serious potential!
Until next Tuesday,