With a host of new TLDs being launched our aim has been to ensure that the pricing management is as simple as possible. Promos are a critical aspect of pricing and have been on our mind, so we’ve now made a few changes on the Domain Pricing Overview page that has not only simplified the management of on-going promotions but also made it easier for registrars to start new promos. You can now view and manage all Promos directly from the Domains Pricing Page with fewer clicks:
Along with this, we’ve reworked on the Promo table and also added in some nifty features.
Below are a few screenshots to take you through the new features:
Indicators to view promotions at hand and what action type the promotion is available on
Information on if you have opted in or out of a promotion
‘My TLDs’ tab to list down the TLDs that you are a registrar for
New Promo Table
So there you have it. We will keep adding new features to enhance your user experience on our system. If you’d like to suggest changes to our interface, we’re all ears. Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While searching for a domain name, customers are always looking for something specific. However, it’s not always easy to find that perfect domain name. When confronted with such a scenario, one option is to settle for a domain that roughly matches their needs, and the second is to walk away disappointed.
In the latter case, you’ve not only lost the domain sale but you’ve also lost the possibility of making additional sales of web presence products and services. To tackle this situation, you can offer Premium Domain Names to your customers, to prevent them from settling for the “leftovers”.
Premium Domain Names are highly sought after domain names that have been registered previously and are back in the market for resale. Domain names of these kind are identified as premium strings by the registries and come with a higher perceived value than most, with heavy sale prices. These are short, easy to recall, keyword-rich names that you can sell for much higher prices than regular domain registrations; sometimes even for 6 or 7-figured amounts!
The Premium Domain Advantage
Premium Domains on an average sell for 200x more than unregistered regular domains. There are numerous well known reasons for a domain name to be considered premium. Since they are short and easy to remember, they have a higher recall value. They also help improve SEO rankings, increase direct type-in traffic and reduce PPC costs. A valuable premium domain conveys a sense of trust and confidence that in turn helps in attracting more traffic to your website.
Why Sell Premium Domains?
- Drive Higher Lifetime Value: Customers who purchase premium domains also tend to buy more services such as Hosting packages, SSLs and other products thereby increasing customer stickiness.
- Gain a Competitive Advantage: Offering this product helps you to stand out in the market since this product is not available with many other domain providers
- They are High-Margin Products: For every premium domain sale through your account, you make up to 25% of your list price
Get your customers to buy domain names they prefer! Got questions? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
The introduction of New gTLDs has increased the rate at which individuals and businesses are getting online today and we’re already seeing mainstream adoption of New gTLDs. By going the extra mile to spread awareness about their extensions among the masses, New gTLD Registries are bringing attention to their value propositions and, more importantly, are sharing the idea of ‘getting online’ to audiences.
HOW CAN ccTLDs LEVERAGE THIS?
If you’re a ccTLD Registry, you’ve been steadily growing these past few years and may not have seen a major impact from New gTLDs on your growth numbers. The advent of new gTLDs could in fact help boost online awareness & registrations for your ccTLD. How? Even though you might have minor competition from New gTLDs for market share, there will always be a steady segment of customers and businesses that will want to opt for a local country extension to proudly denote who they are and where they do business.
And with Domain Registrars and their customers spoilt for choice with so many TLD options, it’s imperative for your Registry to take a few important steps today that will serve as the foundation of your Registry’s growth for years to come!
Here are 4 strategic initiatives that will propel your ccTLD to a strong industry player in your local region:
- Take control of your distribution network: While you have strategic partnerships in place with Domain Registrars, you should definitely consider creating and leveraging your own wholesale network too. A network comprising of distributors and organizations in your region, who have a better and dedicated access to your end customers, will result in a quick and more effective sales process.
- Start a Flagship Storefront: A dedicated ecommerce site for your ccTLD can boost conversions and help you convey your message better. It also enhances the overall buying experience for every customer, allowing them to buy your ccTLD without the added clutter of hundreds of other extensions and irrelevant products. Having your own storefront also lets customers engage with you directly, increasing the opportunity to close sales and garner feedback.
- Automate all Business Processes: Most ccTLD Registries spend a lot of resources on manual day-to-day operations and don’t have the budgets to ramp up marketing and sales activities. By automating daily operational tasks such as order invoicing, domain activation, customer management, etc., you can spend more time and resources focusing on business development and marketing activities.
- Sell additional Web Products: It’s rarely seen that a ccTLD Registry, which sells directly to customers, offers anything else other than a Domain Name. Here’s a huge opportunity to provide your customers with a wholesome web experience by giving them the ability to buy various Value Added Services along with a domain name, viz. Web Hosting, Email Hosting, Website Builder, etc. This helps boost your revenue as a Registry and at the same time, increases customer stickiness too!
Having worked with various ccTLD Registries over the past few years, we have amassed a deep understanding of the potential and pitfalls facing them today. A few ccTLDs have already realized that they’re in the right place and the right time to exponentially boost growth and expand their namespace. Registries such as .MN, .BZ, .CO, .HN have all adopted the 4-pronged strategy mentioned above and have taken full ownership of their respective namespaces.
Every ccTLD Registry out there, no matter how big or small the size of your local population, can definitely benefit from these strategies to meet their business goals.