Welcome to the 8th edition of Voice of LogicBoxes!
As is the case every time, our third quarter too, was extremely busy. Be it product launches, special promotions, conferences or enhancements to our platform, this quarter saw it all! Read on further to know the exact details of everything that happened at our end:
It has been a while since we published our last edition of the ‘Voice of LogicBoxes’ – a quarterly digest of all the developments that took place at our end. It is a comprehensive report of all the system updates, product & feature launches, TLD integrations, etc. that took place over the last quarter, and also a glimpse of what’s in the pipeline for the upcoming quarter.
So we are kick-starting Vol. 7 of (*drum rolls*) the Voice of LogicBoxes after a long hiatus, in all its glory! Here we go –
- As a part of .CO’s 7th anniversary celebration, we offered .CO domains at a special promo price of $1 from July 20 to 27.
- We integrated two new gTLDs – .LAT and .ART, in OrderBox which are now available for reselling. To find out more about more such exciting TLDs with ongoing promos, click here.
- CentralNic announced the sunsetting of 8 second-level domains. We notified our partners that the registry will cease to operate the following second level domain extensions – .AR.COM, .GB.COM, .HU.COM, .KR.COM, .QC.COM, .NO.COM, .SE.COM and .UY.COM, from May 1, 2017.
- Web Products
- G Suite by Google Cloud: This marked our first product launch of the year. We exclusively partnered with Google for G Suite, to provide our partners an array of widely popular and intelligent apps, starting at just $4/month/user.
- Cloud Hosting on Indian Servers: We launched Cloud Hosting on our state-of-the-art India datacenter. This now enables our Indian resellers to offer 2 times faster, super-scalable and user-friendly Cloud Hosting solution hosted closer to their Indian audiences.
- WordPress Hosting: This feature-rich, fully managed hosting solution went LIVE in March. The product promises high security and automatic backups, Cloud-based core, SSD-based storage, instant scalability in case of traffic spikes, advanced integrated caching and much more.
- Linux KVM VPS: This solution serves as an ideal bridge between Shared Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Using open source technology like OpenStack and KVM, we offer VPS that is both powerful, easy to use and promises breakthrough speed.
- Dedicated & Shared Hosting by HostGator: Our resellers now can manage all the products under a single ecosystem and enjoy the guarantee and reliability of one of the world’s largest web hosting provider – HostGator. All plans under their Dedicated & Shared Hosting include HostGator’s true round-the-clock support.
- Dedicated & VPS Hosting by Bluehost: Through its Dedicated and VPS offerings, Bluehost offers fully managed hosting solutions, with an easy-to-use cPanel that provides increased power flexibility, control and security for your customers’ websites.
- Windows Dedicated Servers: We added a new flavour to our Dedicated Servers portfolio. Similar to the all our Dedicated Servers, this option too features super-fast processing with complete Administrative Access. We announced this launch with a limited duration promo.
- SYSTEM UPDATES
- Updates to our Terms of Service: Starting August 1st, 2017, LogicBoxes’ partners located outside of India will be contracting with P.D.R. Solutions (U.S.) LLC, while partners located within India will continue to contract with Directi Web Technology Private Limited – both are subsidiary companies of The Endurance International Group, Inc. Read more about it here.
- Goods & Services Tax (GST): We implemented GST, a fundamental tax reform that recently went LIVE in India. In order to make OrderBox GST-compliant, we made a host of changes to the way receipts, credit notes, debit notes and transactions in general, will be treated on our system moving forward. More information here.
- LogicBoxes’ India Payment Gateway Updates: We updated our payment options to include two new payment methods – CCAvenue and PayU. Find more details here.
- Renewal Reminder Email Process: ICANN set the expectation that renewal reminders to Registrants must be sent between 26-35 days, and between 4-10 days before expiry of the domain name. Owing to this, we had to change our process such that registrants will receive compulsory renewal reminder and expiry notification emails on predetermined timelines. More details here.
- WHOIS Validation Changes: We notified our clients about the several validation checks with respect to telephone numbers (as per the ITU-T E.164 format) that have been made mandatory under ICANN’s WHOIS Accuracy program. Find more details here.
Our conference calendar was packed to the brim for the first two quarters of 2017. While we were present at APTLD 2017, Telecoms World Asia 2017, ICANN 58, HostingCon Global 2017, WHD.india 2017 and ICANN 59 as attendees, we had a booth presence as official sponsors at NamesCon 2017 and WHD.global 2017. Do you want to see what we did there? Check this out!
That’s all (and a lot) that happened in the first two quarters of 2017. As for the next quarter, we’ll continue to add lucrative VAS offerings to our product suite and integrate new TLDs as and when they launch. Additionally, we’re also in the process of giving our website a brand new avatar. Stay tuned for that!
If you have any feedback about the content of this edition or if you would like to hear more, do feel free to let us know by posting your comments below. To stay updated on all activities at LogicBoxes and other important industry news, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Until next quarter,
Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Voice of LogicBoxes – our bi-annual newsletter on the OrderBox platform. We’ve been mighty busy these past few months in enhancing the functionality and usability of the system. And here’s a select list of important updates that have been implemented in the past 6 months:
NEW PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- New Domain Extension: .RU has been successfully launched on the OrderBox platform. Registrars can now provide the following extensions to their customers – .RU, .COM.RU, .NET.RU, .ORG.RU
- New Product: Reseller Hosting has been introduced in the system. Registrars can now sell both Windows and Linux Reseller Hosting with industry-leading Control Panels like WHMCS & Plesk
- New Product: Multi-Domain Hosting on Windows & Linux is now available. This is a feature that a lot of Registrars had requested and we trust that this offering will help them to create a more wholesome portfolio!
- Customer Control Panels have been revamped to make them more intuitive and to increase their effectiveness from a user experience perspective. In addition, the navigation structure has been streamlined and includes a clear ‘Buy’ button for all purchase-related actions
- Registrar & Reseller Dashboards too have been enhanced in functionality to put frequently-used functions within closer reach of users. This includes a suite of tasks like renewal management, global search, listing available funds, etc.
- The ‘Order Preview’ module has been added to OrderBox. This allows users to get a quick overview of a particular order and facilitates speedy management of orders in general
- Work on revamping system-generated emails has begun. This will incorporate the feedback we’ve received from users over the past few months and will ensure that customers receive crisp and to-the-point e-mail communication
- We’ve moved .UK over to EPP and have made significant changes to streamline its API functionality
- The CSV Reports module has been revamped. The new enhancements provide more accurate and wholesome business data that can be used to draw trends and statistics
- The Transfer-in process has been revamped to make it easier for customers to transfer in their domains to the system without using an Authorization Code
- The Upgrade/Downgrade logic on the SuperSite has been shifted from a monthly calculation to a daily one. This will ensure that more accurate pro-rata figures are calculated
That’s it for this edition of the Voice of LogicBoxes. If you have any queries about the same feel free to comment and let us know!
Pic courtesy – @Doug88888
Here’s the second volume of the Voice of LogicBoxes – our bi-annual newsletter on OrderBox updates and other changes that affect your Registrar business. This volume covers the latter half of 2011.
- We’ve added 2 new domain extensions to the system – .XXX, .AU
- The look and feel of the Registrar, Reseller and Customer control panels are in the process of being completely re-designed. As a precursor to this, we’ve already made changes to the CSS to give the header, menu and the widgets a modern and cleaner look
- As part of our ongoing exercise to revamp OrderBox, we’ve clubbed all branding-related tasks for Registrars under one roof with the introduction of “Branding Settings”. Older, text-heavy pages have been given a cleaner, crisper and lighter look
- We’ve also initiated a refactoring exercise for our Bulk Tools where we started with the most heavily-used Bulk Renewals and Registrations. Under this, we refactored the backend code as well as enhanced front-end flows of the Bulk Renewal process. Based on feedback received from Partners, we are currently working on further enhancements to the Bulk Renewal process where we will be attempting to make the flows more intuitive for Customers too
- As part of our initiative to build out our Hosting product portfolio, we’ve launched Multi-Domain Hosting (MDH) on our Linux platform. With this product, you can now host multiple domains under one cPanel account.
- For managing feedback, we’ve restarted UserVoice. Our Product Managers are actively interacting with the Registrar Community to prioritise on features and upgrades that need to be added to the system
- We conducted two webinars in association with Verisign folks:
- A detailed walkthrough of the “Verisign Customer Center”
- “Verisign New Unit Marketing Promo” that gave Registrars detailed information on upcoming promotions in 2012
- We also conducted a webinar in conjunction with ICM Registry – the .XXX registry to spread awareness about the new .XXX domain name
- We also attended hugely popular conferences like HostingCon, Parallels APAC and the ICANN meet at Senegal. We’ll most probably be attending these events again, so if you want to meet us at these events in 2012, let us know
If you have any feedback or would like to hear more about the content of this edition, do let us know!
Pic Courtesy SparkeyDavis
Welcome to the first volume of the ‘Voice of LogicBoxes’ – a periodic update on all system modifications to OrderBox. This will help you stay tuned to all changes and modifications in our services so that you can make the most of everything we have to offer.
2. System Updates
The OrderBox platform forms a core component of our product portfolio. Having said that it’s been around for 8+ years, we’re constantly making upgrades and changes to the system to keep in line with the ever-changing needs of clients; while keeping an eye on current technological advancements. Here’s a list of major changes we’ve made on the system in the past 6 months:
- .DE and .ES ccTLDs have been launched on the platform
- Build-it-for-Me (BIFM) Website Design Services have been launched across all channels
- The ‘Order Details’ interface has been revamped completely. You can view a screenshot of the same here: http://blog.logicboxes.com/2011/03/28/domain-interface-revamp
- Web Services can be fully upgraded + downgraded now
- The promo engine has been revised with support for Renewal actions as well
- Pricing bands have been introduced for Web Services
- The APIs have been made more secure with IP white-listing checks in place
- The Sign-Up confirmation mails have been made more secure and will not include passwords entered by the Reseller/Customer during Sign-Up
- The Name Suggestion view on the SuperSite has been revamped
Additionally, we’ve started OrderBox forums to keep you constantly updated on System statuses. All updates will be placed on the forum, and not the support page. You can subscribe to the forum with your OrderBox credentials at http://forums.myorderbox.com
3. Other Activities
- We’ve run successful promotions on a number of TLDs including .IN, .CO, .ASIA and the new .DE & .ES to name a few
- Introductory promotions were run for the BIFM and DIY (Do-it Yourself Website Builder) products as well
- We conducted a Webinar to introduce the new BIFM and DIY Website Design services to clients back in February
- We will also be conducting a webinar on 13th July, 2011 in collaboration with Verisign
If you have any feedback or would like to hear more about the content of this edition, do feel free to comment and let us know!