The third quarter of 2018 has drawn to an end, and that calls for our 11th edition of The Voice of LogicBoxes. To know what happened at LogicBoxes in the last three months, please read on.
Welcome to the 10th edition of The Voice of LogicBoxes. The last quarter has witnessed a monumental change and will always be remembered as the time when businesses from across all industries of various shapes and sizes geared up in achieving one major goal – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance. In the midst of all that had to be done on the platform as well as on the website front for making LogicBoxes GDPR-compliant, we also launched a new product, integrated a new nTLD, made enhancements to OrderBox, and attended an industry event.
To know more about these developments, continue reading further:
Hello folks, we’re back with our 9th edition of the Voice of LogicBoxes!
It’s hard to believe that the first quarter of 2018 is already over! Wasn’t it just a few days ago that we published the ‘2017: Year in Review’? Anyway, in this piece, we will be taking you through every important development that took place at our end in the last quarter.
Welcome to the 8th edition of Voice of LogicBoxes!
As is the case every time, our third quarter too, was extremely busy. Be it product launches, special promotions, conferences or enhancements to our platform, this quarter saw it all! Read on further to know the exact details of everything that happened at our end:
It has been a while since we published our last edition of the ‘Voice of LogicBoxes’ – a quarterly digest of all the developments that took place at our end. It is a comprehensive report of all the system updates, product & feature launches, TLD integrations, etc. that took place over the last quarter, and also a glimpse of what’s in the pipeline for the upcoming quarter.
So we are kick-starting Vol. 7 of (*drum rolls*) the Voice of LogicBoxes after a long hiatus, in all its glory! Here we go –
- As a part of .CO’s 7th anniversary celebration, we offered .CO domains at a special promo price of $1 from July 20 to 27.
- We integrated two new gTLDs – .LAT and .ART, in OrderBox which are now available for reselling. To find out more about more such exciting TLDs with ongoing promos, click here.
- CentralNic announced the sunsetting of 8 second-level domains. We notified our partners that the registry will cease to operate the following second level domain extensions – .AR.COM, .GB.COM, .HU.COM, .KR.COM, .QC.COM, .NO.COM, .SE.COM and .UY.COM, from May 1, 2017.
- Web Products
- G Suite by Google Cloud: This marked our first product launch of the year. We exclusively partnered with Google for G Suite, to provide our partners an array of widely popular and intelligent apps, starting at just $4/month/user.
- Cloud Hosting on Indian Servers: We launched Cloud Hosting on our state-of-the-art India datacenter. This now enables our Indian resellers to offer 2 times faster, super-scalable and user-friendly Cloud Hosting solution hosted closer to their Indian audiences.
- WordPress Hosting: This feature-rich, fully managed hosting solution went LIVE in March. The product promises high security and automatic backups, Cloud-based core, SSD-based storage, instant scalability in case of traffic spikes, advanced integrated caching and much more.
- Linux KVM VPS: This solution serves as an ideal bridge between Shared Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Using open source technology like OpenStack and KVM, we offer VPS that is both powerful, easy to use and promises breakthrough speed.
- Dedicated & Shared Hosting by HostGator: Our resellers now can manage all the products under a single ecosystem and enjoy the guarantee and reliability of one of the world’s largest web hosting provider – HostGator. All plans under their Dedicated & Shared Hosting include HostGator’s true round-the-clock support.
- Dedicated & VPS Hosting by Bluehost: Through its Dedicated and VPS offerings, Bluehost offers fully managed hosting solutions, with an easy-to-use cPanel that provides increased power flexibility, control and security for your customers’ websites.
- Windows Dedicated Servers: We added a new flavour to our Dedicated Servers portfolio. Similar to the all our Dedicated Servers, this option too features super-fast processing with complete Administrative Access. We announced this launch with a limited duration promo.
- SYSTEM UPDATES
- Updates to our Terms of Service: Starting August 1st, 2017, LogicBoxes’ partners located outside of India will be contracting with P.D.R. Solutions (U.S.) LLC, while partners located within India will continue to contract with Directi Web Technology Private Limited – both are subsidiary companies of The Endurance International Group, Inc. Read more about it here.
- Goods & Services Tax (GST): We implemented GST, a fundamental tax reform that recently went LIVE in India. In order to make OrderBox GST-compliant, we made a host of changes to the way receipts, credit notes, debit notes and transactions in general, will be treated on our system moving forward. More information here.
- LogicBoxes’ India Payment Gateway Updates: We updated our payment options to include two new payment methods – CCAvenue and PayU. Find more details here.
- Renewal Reminder Email Process: ICANN set the expectation that renewal reminders to Registrants must be sent between 26-35 days, and between 4-10 days before expiry of the domain name. Owing to this, we had to change our process such that registrants will receive compulsory renewal reminder and expiry notification emails on predetermined timelines. More details here.
- WHOIS Validation Changes: We notified our clients about the several validation checks with respect to telephone numbers (as per the ITU-T E.164 format) that have been made mandatory under ICANN’s WHOIS Accuracy program. Find more details here.
Our conference calendar was packed to the brim for the first two quarters of 2017. While we were present at APTLD 2017, Telecoms World Asia 2017, ICANN 58, HostingCon Global 2017, WHD.india 2017 and ICANN 59 as attendees, we had a booth presence as official sponsors at NamesCon 2017 and WHD.global 2017. Do you want to see what we did there? Check this out!
That’s all (and a lot) that happened in the first two quarters of 2017. As for the next quarter, we’ll continue to add lucrative VAS offerings to our product suite and integrate new TLDs as and when they launch. Additionally, we’re also in the process of giving our website a brand new avatar. Stay tuned for that!
If you have any feedback about the content of this edition or if you would like to hear more, do feel free to let us know by posting your comments below. To stay updated on all activities at LogicBoxes and other important industry news, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Until next quarter,