Welcome to the 10th edition of The Voice of LogicBoxes. The last quarter has witnessed a monumental change and will always be remembered as the time when businesses from across all industries of various shapes and sizes geared up in achieving one major goal – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance. In the midst of all that had to be done on the platform as well as on the website front for making LogicBoxes GDPR-compliant, we also launched a new product, integrated a new nTLD, made enhancements to OrderBox, and attended an industry event.
To know more about these developments, continue reading further:
Hello folks, we’re back with our 9th edition of the Voice of LogicBoxes!
It’s hard to believe that the first quarter of 2018 is already over! Wasn’t it just a few days ago that we published the ‘2017: Year in Review’? Anyway, in this piece, we will be taking you through every important development that took place at our end in the last quarter.
Welcome to the 8th edition of Voice of LogicBoxes!
As is the case every time, our third quarter too, was extremely busy. Be it product launches, special promotions, conferences or enhancements to our platform, this quarter saw it all! Read on further to know the exact details of everything that happened at our end:
It has been a while since we published our last edition of the ‘Voice of LogicBoxes’ – a quarterly digest of all the developments that took place at our end. It is a comprehensive report of all the system updates, product & feature launches, TLD integrations, etc. that took place over the last quarter, and also a glimpse of what’s in the pipeline for the upcoming quarter.
So we are kick-starting Vol. 7 of (*drum rolls*) the Voice of LogicBoxes after a long hiatus, in all its glory! Here we go –
- As a part of .CO’s 7th anniversary celebration, we offered .CO domains at a special promo price of $1 from July 20 to 27.
- We integrated two new gTLDs – .LAT and .ART, in OrderBox which are now available for reselling. To find out more about more such exciting TLDs with ongoing promos, click here.
- CentralNic announced the sunsetting of 8 second-level domains. We notified our partners that the registry will cease to operate the following second level domain extensions – .AR.COM, .GB.COM, .HU.COM, .KR.COM, .QC.COM, .NO.COM, .SE.COM and .UY.COM, from May 1, 2017.
- Web Products
- G Suite by Google Cloud: This marked our first product launch of the year. We exclusively partnered with Google for G Suite, to provide our partners an array of widely popular and intelligent apps, starting at just $4/month/user.
- Cloud Hosting on Indian Servers: We launched Cloud Hosting on our state-of-the-art India datacenter. This now enables our Indian resellers to offer 2 times faster, super-scalable and user-friendly Cloud Hosting solution hosted closer to their Indian audiences.
- WordPress Hosting: This feature-rich, fully managed hosting solution went LIVE in March. The product promises high security and automatic backups, Cloud-based core, SSD-based storage, instant scalability in case of traffic spikes, advanced integrated caching and much more.
- Linux KVM VPS: This solution serves as an ideal bridge between Shared Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Using open source technology like OpenStack and KVM, we offer VPS that is both powerful, easy to use and promises breakthrough speed.
- Dedicated & Shared Hosting by HostGator: Our resellers now can manage all the products under a single ecosystem and enjoy the guarantee and reliability of one of the world’s largest web hosting provider – HostGator. All plans under their Dedicated & Shared Hosting include HostGator’s true round-the-clock support.
- Dedicated & VPS Hosting by Bluehost: Through its Dedicated and VPS offerings, Bluehost offers fully managed hosting solutions, with an easy-to-use cPanel that provides increased power flexibility, control and security for your customers’ websites.
- Windows Dedicated Servers: We added a new flavour to our Dedicated Servers portfolio. Similar to the all our Dedicated Servers, this option too features super-fast processing with complete Administrative Access. We announced this launch with a limited duration promo.
- SYSTEM UPDATES
- Updates to our Terms of Service: Starting August 1st, 2017, LogicBoxes’ partners located outside of India will be contracting with P.D.R. Solutions (U.S.) LLC, while partners located within India will continue to contract with Directi Web Technology Private Limited – both are subsidiary companies of The Endurance International Group, Inc. Read more about it here.
- Goods & Services Tax (GST): We implemented GST, a fundamental tax reform that recently went LIVE in India. In order to make OrderBox GST-compliant, we made a host of changes to the way receipts, credit notes, debit notes and transactions in general, will be treated on our system moving forward. More information here.
- LogicBoxes’ India Payment Gateway Updates: We updated our payment options to include two new payment methods – CCAvenue and PayU. Find more details here.
- Renewal Reminder Email Process: ICANN set the expectation that renewal reminders to Registrants must be sent between 26-35 days, and between 4-10 days before expiry of the domain name. Owing to this, we had to change our process such that registrants will receive compulsory renewal reminder and expiry notification emails on predetermined timelines. More details here.
- WHOIS Validation Changes: We notified our clients about the several validation checks with respect to telephone numbers (as per the ITU-T E.164 format) that have been made mandatory under ICANN’s WHOIS Accuracy program. Find more details here.
Our conference calendar was packed to the brim for the first two quarters of 2017. While we were present at APTLD 2017, Telecoms World Asia 2017, ICANN 58, HostingCon Global 2017, WHD.india 2017 and ICANN 59 as attendees, we had a booth presence as official sponsors at NamesCon 2017 and WHD.global 2017. Do you want to see what we did there? Check this out!
That’s all (and a lot) that happened in the first two quarters of 2017. As for the next quarter, we’ll continue to add lucrative VAS offerings to our product suite and integrate new TLDs as and when they launch. Additionally, we’re also in the process of giving our website a brand new avatar. Stay tuned for that!
If you have any feedback about the content of this edition or if you would like to hear more, do feel free to let us know by posting your comments below. To stay updated on all activities at LogicBoxes and other important industry news, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Until next quarter,
Hello folks! Welcome to the 6th edition of the Voice of LogicBoxes.
2014 has begun with a bang with 100+ New gTLDs being added to the root already – and there’s hundreds more in the pipeline this year! We’ve also put our best foot forward in keeping up with these developments!
Since the previous Voice of LogicBoxes post, we’ve introduced numerous new gTLDs and are integrating more by the week! We’ve also made several new product launches and upgrades to OrderBox, including the ICANN 2013 RAA compliance updates. We also ran a host of webinars for our partners to educate them about the ICANN 2013 RAA and the overall New gTLD Opportunity.
Here’s more details on all the updates from LogicBoxes over the past few months. Happy Reading!
NEW PRODUCT & SERVICES
1. Domain Names
- New gTLDs are here! – LogicBoxes has been one of the first service providers to integrate with most of the New gTLDs as soon as they’ve launched. You can find the complete list of New gTLDs that are currently LIVE on OrderBox and those that will be launched soon on our New gTLD Calendar.
- Premium Names – As one of our most anticipated launches, the Premium Domains feature went LIVE on OrderBox giving our partners the opportunity to offer secondary market domains to their customers
2. Web Products
- Enterprise Email – We’ve launched a new & powerful email product meant for enterprise consumers & power users. The aptly titled ‘Enterprise Email’ is a powerful & secure email and collaboration suite and is also a wholesome communication tool. Follow the link for complete details on Enterprise Email
- VPS Hosting – As a part of our constant drive to upgrade our Web Hosting infrastructure & services to cater to all types of users across the world, we’ve also launched VPS Hosting. Our VPS Hosting comes with industry-leading Control Panels like WHM/cPanel, WHMCS Client Management, Virtuozzo, etc.
- Hong Kong Hosting – We’ve also launched Single Domain Hosting and Multi Domain Hosting in Linux & Windows flavors on Hong Kong Servers. Our Hong Kong Hosting Plans & Pricing aim to enable our Partners to be competitive and profitable while offering a markedly superior product in the Asian Markets
- Profit%-based pricing – This was one of the most asked-for features by our partners and we’ve been more than happy oblige. Profit based pricing allows Registrars and Resellers on OrderBox to set selling prices for TLDs based on the profit % margin they wanted to make in 3 simple steps
- Changes to ERRP – In order to comply with ICANN’s implementation of Expired Registration Recovery Policy (ERRP), we made certain updates to OrderBox. Two new e-mails have been introduced in the system for the pre as well as post expiry notifications mandated by ICANN
- Disaster Recovery Setup for Control Panel – As part of our continuous endeavor to better our system, improve stability and increase redundancy, we’ve set up passive servers for all OrderBox Control Panels. In case of a network failure, an attack or any such unforeseeable disaster, OrderBox will be seamlessly transitioned to the mirror instance ensuring that our partners get maximum uptime, and can run your business smoothly in a hassle free manner
- Alipay Payment Gateway integrated – Alipay, one of the most popular and trusted online payment gateways, has been integrated on OrderBox. Our partners can now accept payments from resellers and customers through this online payment gateway
- Verifying Registrant Contact Information – As per the ICANN 2013 RAA, Registrars are required to verify the contact information for the Registrant contact of each gTLD domain name. To help our Registrars fulfill this obligation, we’ve developed the capability to verify the email address of the Registrant contact. We’ve also implemented mechanisms to handle situations where Registrants don’t verify these emails. All in all, major updates have been made to OrderBox in order to comply with the ICANN 2013 RAA!
- SuperSite 2 Enhancements – In order to deliver a superior SuperSite experience to our Partners and their Customers, we’ve made further enhancements to our SuperSite2. Our latest upgrades have focused on enhanced functionality, better UX and unparalleled performance. To find out more about all the changes to the Supersite, please read our blog post
EDUCATIONAL WEBINARS FOR PARTNERS
In order to educate our partners about the ICANN 2013 RAA and New gTLDs, we held 2 webinars in the month of November.
- Webinar fon ICANN 2013 RAA Impact – The webinar highlighted the new changes in the ICANN 2013 RAA and outlined the measures that Registrars need to take in order to comply with the changes.
- Webinaron on Leveraging the New gTLD Opportunity – The webinar gave an overview of the entire New gTLD program introducing major New gTLD Applicants and process of integrating their TLDs. It also covered the list of activities that LogicBoxes is doing to give all the tools our partners will need to leverage the New gTLD Opportunity.
FIRST TIME IN THE INDUSTRY
- Registy Wallet – The Registry Wallet is a first-in-the-industry all-encompassing solution for our Registrar Partners to manage billing and financial transactions with various Registries. Our Registrar Partners now have to manage funds only with one entity (us) and we take care of the leasing with all the Registries for managing funds in their accounts. We believe the Registry Wallet will be a great resource for all our Registrar Partners, especially with the advent of 1000+ gTLDs. Follow the link for complete details on Registry Wallet
As for the immediate future, we’ll be launching Dedicated Hosting by the end of this month. Also, we’ll continue to integrate with New gTLDs as and when they launch. We recommend you follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated on all activities at LogicBoxes and also on all important Industry news.
That’s it for this edition of the Voice of LogicBoxes. If you have any queries about the same feel free to comment and let us know!