Welcome to the 8th edition of Voice of LogicBoxes!
As is the case every time, our third quarter too, was extremely busy. Be it product launches, special promotions, conferences or enhancements to our platform, this quarter saw it all! Read on further to know the exact details of everything that happened at our end:
- NEW PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Registry Pricing updates: Uniregistry announced pricing changes for 26 of its TLDs which came into effect in the first week of September. Additionally, the .INFO fee for annual increments of initial and renewal of domain name registrations was changed to a maximum of US$12.69. More details here.
- .BIZ & .CO Special Promos: .BIZ (for business) and .CO (for company, corporate and also the ccTLD for Colombia) are perfect for providing all big and small businesses their own professional identity in the internet space. To ensure that our resellers make the most out of selling these TLDs, we offered them at promo prices.
- Update on .ASIA Domains: The Charter Eligibility Declaration (CED) which was previously mandatory for registering .ASIA domains, is no longer required. You can read up more about this on the .ASIA website
- Monthly TLD Promos: Our promo calendar was brimming with TLDs for the whole of Q3 with over 70 promos announced every month. Let our promos page speak for itself.
- Important Updates: .NZ: We introduced some changes to the way contact modifications are handled for .NZ domains. Read about it here.
- Web Products
- The BIG Hosting Sale: This marked the biggest sale of the year for LogicBoxes! We offered up to 30% discount on Reseller Hosting (US & India servers), Single Domain Hosting and Multi-Domain Hosting (all servers) for the whole of August.
- Introducing Weebly: We’ve always strived to integrate the best products onto our platform and enable our resellers to up their sales and eventually, revenue. With the same aim, we launched Weebly – the most sought after drag-and-drop website builder in the market. If you haven’t already started reselling this product, please do so after checking out our pricing plans here.
- SYSTEM UPDATES
- Updated Terms of Service: We updated our new Terms of Services which came into effect from August 1, 2017. According to our new terms, LogicBoxes’ partners located outside of India will be contracting with P.D.R. Solutions (U.S.) LLC, while partners located within India will continue to contract with Directi Web Technology Private Limited — both are subsidiary companies of The Endurance International Group, Inc. We encourage you to carefully review our new Terms of Service and other agreements, which can be found here.
- Enabling Designated Agent in OrderBox: The ICANN Transfer Policy allows the sponsoring registrar to serve as a Designated Agent (DA). Along with simplifying the change of registrant process, opting-in to use the Designated Agent facility enables fast and convenient contact modifications without the need for repeated authorization at every instance. Read more about the benefits of enabling this feature here. Additionally, we also spoke about the improvements pertaining to the Registrant Contact Modification in this email.
- Improvements to Domain Name Transfers and Change of Registrant process: Back in December 2016, ICANN implemented a new Transfer Policy that included a new change of Registrant procedure that all gTLD Registrars had to comply with. In order to ensure that our resellers didn’t have to face any issues, we made some technical changes to improve our processes while still remaining compliant with the Transfer Policy. More information here.
- WHOIS Validation Changes: We made a bunch of WHOIS validation changes to OrderBox to adhere to ICANN’s WHOIS Accuracy program. The implementation took place in phases. Find more details here, here and here.
- Introducing OrderBox Pulse: We deprecated forums.myorderbox.com and moved to a brand new, sleeker-looking status page for updates related to all our products and services. We request you to subscribe to our new status page so that you can continue to receive updates from us.
- Launching Plesk Onyx: We carried out a successful migration to the latest version of Odin Plesk, which is currently being used as the Web Hosting Module for our Windows Shared Hosting and Dedicated Windows products. Read more about its features and benefits here.
- Deprecating Support for TLS v1.0: In order to ensure compliance with the latest security standards, we deprecated TLS v1.0 encryption on August 30. Find more details about the impact here.
- GST Implementation: We successfully completed the implementation of GST-compliant modifications in OrderBox. Read more about the impact of GST on OrderBox here.
- Managing Email Addresses for Non-SMTP Mail Scripts: In the wake of the recent IP blacklists that we encountered on our system, we decided to take certain actions towards further strengthening our email security policies on the server. Here’s the update that was sent out.
- Improved Domain Forwarding Implementation: To strengthen our infrastructure and make it more resistant to any kind of attack, we kickstarted the process of moving the Domain Forwarding Servers to the very same colocation where our DNS Servers are located. The purpose of this entire exercise has been documented here.
- WHD.usa 2017: Last quarter, we attended WHD.usa 2017, one of the most popular Web Hosting conferences in the industry. The conference turned out to be exactly what we thought it would be – full of productive conversations, insight-sharing, face time with clients and most importantly, opportunities. Currently, we are gearing up for ICANN60 | Abu Dhabi which commences at the end of this week.
These were all the major happenings from the third quarter of 2017. We’ll be back with more important system enhancements, TLD integrations, product launches, conference stories and most importantly, profit-boosting promos in the next quarter. Also, staying true to the promise we made in our previous edition, we present to you our very own Elite Reseller Program and ICANN Accreditation pages in a new and improved avatar. Go, check these out today!
If you wish to share your feedback regarding the content of this article, do feel free to let us know by posting your comments below; we’d love to hear from you! Additionally, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to stay updated with all the developments taking place at LogicBoxes.
Until next quarter,